My first acquaintance with Curacao

Voor Nederlandse versie klik hier

Ten hours of flying passed without incidents. Then I left the plane with Jona (my son). My first impression: it’s hot!

Then the usual stuff. Immigration, picking up suitcases and customs. And then: the long awaited reunion with Liesbeth. She had been working on Curacao for two weeks before we arrived.

Into the car. Tired of the journey, an avalanche of impressions. In terms of architecture, it reminds me of the Canaries. With increased poverty. The roads are different and at the same time familiar; the asphalt is worse, but I see the usual Dutch traffic lights and signs.

Then we leave the main road and arrive in our 'neighborhood'. The roads are still bad, but the houses have large gardens. Very different from the Netherlands. Our house looks old but it’s huge.

The following days, Jona and go sightseeing while Liesbeth is still working. Fort Beekenburg and Westpunt. Nature here is very green.

Then the juggle starts. Searching for a school and a home. In a way to limit Liesbeth's home-work travel. I will work from home mostly.

I'm yet to experience bureaucracy. The people we meet are very friendly. The rhythm is relaxed.

More impressions. The high prices of life here. The fastest internet of the Caribbean. Business opportunities. Awareness of nature and unexpected hiking opportunities. And climbing opportunities, there is even a whatsapp group with climbers. And much more…

Jona runs through the garden and explores all its corners – unless he’s in the jacuzi. I'm looking forward to next year, when we move here.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Blue Pinnacle Training and Consultancy

Free e-guidebooks about rock climbing on Curacao

The Second Lap